Tiredness, forgetfulness and lack of organization are very common issues in the first few months of a stroke. Your brain is regenerating and you’re having to deal with a new way of doing things – it’s normal you’ll feel more dispersed than before.
To help you in your recovery, a good tactic is to keep your brain active by doing training, meditations, puzzles, and other easy activities that can go a long way in helping your brain recover faster. Below are five apps that could help organize your daily tasks, complete a puzzle a day, and ensure you take your medicine on time every time.
- A great app for meditation, and stress relief. Meditations can last from 5 to 20 minutes and you can specify to what situation or mood you’re in. If new to mediating, the simple 5 minute audios are a great way to start.
- Website: simplehabit.com
- A medication reminder, that allows you to customize names of medications, how many times a day you need to take your medication, and the dosage as well.
- Only available for Apple products, click here.
- An app specified in cognitive rehabilitation. Allows you to choose what you need to work on, whether that be speech, memory or writing, and offers exercises and advice on how to improve.
- Website : thelearningcorp.com/constant-therapy/
Some of these apps have free features anyone can access or offer free trials, others do require a subscription to access the entire app. Always consult with your doctor, GP or specialist, about what is best for you on the road to recovery.